The mission of The Leadership Lunch club is to inspire and equip business owners, leaders and professionals by providing them access to great leaders and great books they can learn from.
The Leadership Lunch Club ℠ (LLC) offers busy leaders in business and non-profit organizations in the Grand Traverse region an opportunity to learn cutting edge leadership and business practices with minimal time and investment. The principles are gleaned from local and regional business leaders who have applied some of the same principles contained in leading business and leadership books with a high degree of success. Implementing even one of the ideas from these meetings into your organization could result in huge returns for you as a leader and for your organization.
The Lunch Club series offers:
- Frequent appearances by local, regional, and national leaders, speakers, authors, and business owners who will share practical examples and tips on how they are integrating featured principles in their organization.
- Brief presentation reviewing a new or classic leadership or business book authored by an acclaimed business leader and/or researcher.
- A brief Q & A at the end of the meeting.
- A great lunch in the convenient and elegant setting of the Traverse City Country Club.
- An opportunity to network with other leaders in the community.
- We feature a book or two at each event to provide participants a speaker-recommended resource related to our event topic. Our featured books are available on our website through Amazon on our bookstore page, available locally at Horizon Books and at the Traverse Area District Library in their Leadership Lunch Club collection.
The Leadership Lunch Club (LLC) was founded in 2012 by Barbara Jordan, out of her passion to help build high quality leaders and organizations that are transforming communities locally and around the world. Barbara has more than 30 years experience serving numerous businesses and non-profits in a variety of industries and sectors regionally and nationally as a Business Owner, Leadership Coach/Consultant and Workshop Facilitator, and now as the Director of Talent Development at RJG, Inc. The Leadership Lunch Club is also supported by a team of business advisors, leaders and independent contractors who also contribute their skills and experience to help create a high-quality experience at each of our events.
Barbara Jordan; Founder, Leadership Lunch Club
Barbara founded The Leadership Lunch Club in 2012 out of her passion to inspire and equip others to play a lead role in positively impacting others, their organizations and their communities. She also heads the Talent Development function for RJG Inc, a global technology company. She has a long career as a management consultant and Executive Leadership Coach. Barbara enjoys songwriting and singing and playing guitar with friends and participating in community outreach activities.
Jen joined Priority Health in 2015. As the Director of the Northern Region, Jen is responsible for leading the Sales & Client Service employees, planning, administering and overseeing the activities of the Sales Department for the 21 counties in the Northern Michigan region. Jen participates in many local boards and committees and has been an Advisory Board Member of Leadership Lunch Club since 2015.
Lisa is 1996 Graduate of Traverse City Central High School, Wife, Mother of 5 (3 teenage boys and 2 fur babies) and committed to serving others. In addition to her role on the Leadership Lunch Club Advisory Board, she also serves on the Grand Traverse Area Manufacturing Council Board and has Emcee’d TCNewTech since inception. In the past she has served on the Board of American Red Cross, Single MOMM, was a local Chamber Ambassador, Rotary Member and Member of the Economic Club of Traverse City. She has worked as a Business Consultant for AccessPoint a Vensure Employer Services Company since 2013.
As a registered investment advisor, Ann works with both business and personal clients to create custom financial solutions. In addition to serving on The Leadership Lunch Club advisory board, Ann is also on The Pathfinder School board, and has been mentoring her 15-year-old “little sister” from the local Big Brothers Big Sisters organization since her “little” was 6 years old.